Medical certificates can be easily obtained from any hospital or clinic as a walk-in service and are required for the following:
- Work permit applications
- Thai driving license applications (new or existing classes)
- Some types of insurance policies
How to Get a Medical Certificate in Chiang Mai
Getting a medical certificate in Chiang Mai is a simple and straight-forward process.
- Go to any major hospital or clinic (this is a walk-in service)
- Advise the waiting room attendant that you require a medical certificate.
- State the exact purpose it's intended for as the process and price will be different for a driving license vs. a work permit.
- Do as instructed (breathing may suffice for a driving license; work permits may require blood pressure readings and or blood work to rule out leprosy, tuberculosis, elephantiasis, drug addiction (there will be no drug test), alcoholism, and 3rd stage/tertiary syphilis.
- Depending where you go and the stated intended purpose, cost will range of 100-400 BHT
- Typical time will vary between 15 and 45 minutes.
- Original passport as proof of ID